Friday, May 8, 2009

Easter

I guess it's about time that I blogged about Easter. I have a lot to catch up on. My excuse is always that I'm a bad picture taker and usually Erik is the one that takes them. So, in short, I'm too lazy to take pictures and to hunt down his camera and upload the pictures. We had fun this Easter, which was spent in California. We did an easter egg hunt on Saturday so that we could focus on the true meaning of Easter on Sunday.

I decided it would be fun to have Reagan do a little treasure hunt to find hers and Sarah's easter baskets. So, I used a clip art program and printed off pictures for clues since she can't read yet. She had a blast running around the house to find the easter eggs with clues in them. We eventually ended up in the backyard where the baskets were hidden and they could start finding eggs right away. It is so much fun because Reagan is finally old enough to grasp the concept of things and gets excited about things. She went to town and gathered quite a bit more than Sarah, even though daddy and mommy were helping Sarah out. It was funny to notice the difference between the two girls. The girls are only 18 months apart and even though Sarah is younger than Reagan was last year at Easter, she knew right away that there was candy inside the eggs. She is 100% addicted to sweets, just like her mommy! Feeling bad for her! I seriously need to get myself under control. Erik tried to take pictures but the girls weren't cooperating very well. Here are the few that we got:

Reagan figuring out where to find the next clue.

Pretty excited about the candy inside the eggs! This is the only picture we got of her once we started the hunt. If you know Reagan, she doesn't hold still for anything, especially when candy is involved.

Sarah discovering the goods inside the egg.

Shoving the candy in her mouth. I swear I've never seen a child who loved candy so much. But, she is related to me...poor poor girl. Hahaha!
We had a great Easter this year. Such a beautiful day!

5 comments:

Angela said...

I love your family picture. How is it you look the same? Your kids are adorable!

I've always wanted to do something like that for Easter. I hear about all of these great ideas and then get too worn out before the big day. I was lucky I made it to Walmart the night before for a little candy!

Tara said...

thanks for the pics! great easter idea!

Amanda Wilson said...

Such a cute idea. I love your family picture too. You look fantastic. I can't wait to see you in less than 2 weeks!! I also love Sarah's hair with the cute flowers. If only Savannah had more hair!

The Bynum Family said...

Oh my goodness! I love your new family pic you've got up on your blog! I love to see how your girls are growing. I miss you so much. It was so fun playing with you girls! Love you!

The Bynum Family said...

Hey Jen, when you get a chance, I would love for you to take a look at my newest hobby (aka:getting Peter through grad school) I have set up a shop for kids apparel, heirloom pillows, and face scrubbies (more to come). I would love to know what you think of it! Thanks <3