Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Fourth Year Rotations

We just wanted to let our friends and family know where Erik will be doing his rotations during his 4th year. We were blessed to have gotten all of his top choices and Erik feels really good about all of them. Here we go:

June 2008- Community Medical Center in Scranton, Pennsylvania (home to the show, The Office, of which we are big fans) I'm not entirely sure what the girls and I are going to do this month. It all depends on where we end up with housing. We'll probably be out in Idaho towards the end of June though.

July 2008- Millcreek Community Hospital in Erie, Pennsylvania. The girls and I will be in Idaho for the first part of the month for a family reunion. I know I'm going to be aching to see Erik so I'll probably make a trip out to see him.

August 2008- St. Mary's Health Care Services in Evansville, Indiana. It's a 9 hour drive from Des Moines to Evansville. If the girls and I are stationed here in Des Moines, we'll probably make a trip out to see him this month.

September 2008- Trinity Regional Medical Center in Fort Dodge, Iowa. Woo hoo! Fort Dodge is about 1 hour and 45 minutes away from Des Moines, which means we'll be able to see Erik on weekends.

October-Feb 2009- 4 month core spent at Detroit Medical Center in Warren, Michigan. We'll all be together for the core and will be staying in a furnished apartment there during the lovely cold winter months :)

Feb-April 2009- Still undecided on where he will do the rest of his fourth year. At least one month will be private practice. If we stay in Iowa he'll be doing it here in Des Moines. If not, then we'll be in Idaho or California.

May 2009- 1 month break before residency!

So, we're likely looking at doing residency in Pennsylvania, Indiana, Iowa, or Michigan. Erik is really hoping to do his residency in Fort Dodge, IA based on what he knows about the program. Of course, he could change his mind once he goes to some of the other programs. I'm not looking forward to next year but at least it means we're getting closer to being done!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! I am so happy for you two! I hope things are well! I'm home! What is going on for the holidays for you?

Robyn said...

It was great to see you today. Cute blog- I don't think I got a chance to see your skunk on trunk r treat... she is stinkin' cute! (pun intended)

Udinks said...

Hi Jenny....it's monica udink...I found your blog address on Heathers page!! It is so fun to see everyone's blog! You look great and little reagan and erik look great too! happy baby number 2 almost here!!! wooohooo

Kellie said...

I am going to be in Michigan for a week December 2008 if all goes well. Maybe we can drive over and see you one day! That'd be fun.

It will be hard for you to not have Daddy around, but I'm sure you'll be busy with your 2 bay-behs. AND as you said, you'll have the opportunity to visit him here and there. Stay strong!! :)