Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Beggar's Night and Trunk or Treat

For Beggar's night, Reagan and I went with my friend Olivia and her two kids to Valley West mall to do some trick or treating. It was pretty packed there. They had a lot of activities for the kids along with inflatable slides and to Reagan's delight, a giant Elmo and Cookie Monster, her two favorite Sesame Street characters. Once she caught sight of Elmo, she frantically made her way to the front of the crowd and just stared at him in awe while chanting "Elmo!, Elmo!" over and over again (quite passionately I might add).
When we came across Cookie Monster, she enthusiastically chanted "Nummy nummy nummy!" while holding out her arms for him to pick her up and hold her. She associates nummy with Cookie Monster because he eats nummy cookies of course!

By the end of the 30-40 minutes we were there, I was paralyzed with pain from constantly bending down and trying to keep her from grabbing all of the candy out of her pumpkin. I definitely won't be trick or treating with a little one without Erik when I'm 31 weeks pregnant. But, we had fun. Before I continue on, a little history for those who don't know, on why I chose to dress her up as a skunk. From Reagan's first week of life, Erik nicknamed her Skunk and it has stuck ever since. It just fits her. So a few months back when I saw the skunk costume at Old Navy, I couldn't resist. The pictures really don't do justice just how adorable she looked.
The following night, Halloween, was Trunk or Treat in the church parking lot. We arrived quite late, but just in time to show Reagan off and for her to get some goodies. Actually, we really are the ones eating the candy but whatever :) This time I made Erik take her around while I sat my whale of a body on our trunk to pass out candy. Apparently, I really missed out by not going around with Reagan. Erik said that everyone was just oohing and aahing over what a cute skunk she was. She actually kept her skunk hood on while she went around, which makes the costume so much cuter. We were quite proud and please as she said "Pea" (please) and "Tay Tou" (thank you) before and after she received a treat for most of the people she visited. Of course, that really won even more admiration from the members. I'm just sad I didn't get to witness it all. We can't believe how much she's grown up, especially lately.
For the ride home, we unwrapped a sucker for her to enjoy. Before Erik gave it to her she really wasn't too sure about it. Of course as soon as she took a lick she was sold. She had a meltdown when I tried to take the sucker away from her mouth for half a second while I strapped her in the carseat.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Cute blog and kid, JG! (Sorry, couldn't resist for some reason.) I was hoping to see some pregnant pics of you!