Sunday, June 22, 2008

Livin' it up in Idaho

I feel like I have an ok excuse why I haven't blogged in ages. The last few weeks in Des Moines were insane. I really don't know how we managed to get out of there on time. Erik and I parted ways on Friday, May 30th and I met my mom later that afternoon in Omaha at the airport. About a bazillion pit stops later, 30 movies later (thank heavens for portable DVD players), 2 very horrendous nights in hotels, 2 bags of animal crackers, and some real bad food- we staggered into Rexburg on Sunday afternoon. I was so incredibly exhausted emotionally, mentally, and physically that I proceeded to crash for the next week and a half. Ridiculous I tell you....just ridiculous.

We've been having a lot of fun here at Grandma and Grandpa Garner's the past three weeks. It has been more than lovely to be living in a home with a backyard and a family friendly community. I will NEVER EVER EVER go back to apartment living. If we don't buy a home during residency we will surely rent. Enough said. Reagan has absolutely been livin' it up here. We've been spending lots of time outdoors watering Grandma's garden, strawberry patch, and gorgeous flowers. We've been grilling yummy food and playing in Reagan's new sandbox and making frequent trips to the park just a few blocks away. I've also been trying to teach Reagan how to ride her new tricycle but it's just not clicking for her yet. Oh well, she still likes it. It has been so nice to be out here with family so close. Two of my brothers are here, along with Erik's sister Elizabeth and a lot of my dad's family. Reagan has loved all of the attention. We also had a visit from Erik's mom Kathy, her parents and brothers, and Erik's youngest sister Rebecca. So spoiled are we.

I have no pictures to post because I somehow managed to forget to pack my USB cable. So, we'll have to wait until Erik gets here in a week. Yes, a WEEK! I am beyond excited to see my husband!!! It will have been 4 weeks since I last saw him. I have been dreading the 4th year for quite some time and to be honest, it just plain sucks. I think we're both actually dealing with the separation a lot better than we thought. My family has been a huge support and Erik is such a trooper and is soooo busy. He barely has time to sleep and eat every day. I can't say enough how proud I am of him! I am so so thankful to him for all that he's doing for our family. He'll be here for a week and it is going to be so fabulous. Thankfully we've been able to chat on the webcam almost every night. What would we do without modern technology?

Erik is surprising me with an overnight get-a-way while he's here. We haven't been on a trip just the two of us since our honeymoon. Those who know us know we rarely ever go out without kids so this will be a real treat. I can't handle surprises- I just get so anxious and impatient so this is really bugging me that I have no idea where we're going but I just can't wait!

So, that is a little update on what we're up to. To all of my dear friends in Iowa who I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to, I am so sad and so sorry. I was so overwhelmed and Reagan was sick the last Sunday we were there. I miss you all terribly and I hope all is well. Best of luck to you guys who are leaving soon for rotations.

Pictures to come soon and Reagan's 2nd birthday is next week :)

10 comments:

Ashley said...

Jenny! I'm so glad you made it there safely and that you're living it up with your family!! And more importantly, that you get to see Erik in a week! I just finished going 10 days without Logan and I don't think i could do it again, it's HARD and not fun. As cheesy as that sounds.

I loved reading your updates, keep them coming!! I miss you tons!

Yorgasons said...

Oh have fun on your weekend getaway!!! Enjoy!! Thank goodness you have a webcam! It saved us too! It was nice for the kids to see their daddy!! Yep fourth year sucks...and there is no way around it!! Your trip sounded like mine...all of mine that i have taken this year! hahaha!! It goes by fast I promise!! Good luck to Erick...is he going to Allentown PA by any chance?

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

I know....all of the sudden you were just gone! And I have been checking and checking your blog, and finally a post! Glad you made it there. I can't even begin to imagine or picture the nightmare of travel! If only we could just snap our fingers or something. Have a fun getaway. And enjoy your time with Erik. I get anxiety even thinking about 4th year...ahhh!

Robyn said...

It's so great to hear from you, Jenny! I'm so happy that you guys are "livin' it up". So glad to hear you will be with Erik again soon.
We miss you!

Amber Hooten said...

I am glad that you will be able to see Erik soon. How often will you be able to see each other after this week? Have a good time on your getaway. Talk to you soon!

Debbi said...

glad you are having a good time - it was so nice when we were in utah to have a fenced yard too. hope you are doing great now - where is eric going next?

Heather said...

Hey Jenny!! Remember me??? How fun to "keep in touch" with the blogging thing. I love it. You guys sound like you're doing great! Tell everyone hello from me and my family.

Amanda Wilson said...

I am so glad you updated. I have been thinking so much about you and wondering how you were doing. I am so happy you get to see Erik soon. I can't wait to hear where you are going. We miss you and are glad you are doing well.

The Bynum Family said...

Yay! So good to hear from you Jenny! I am sure you are so busy! It was so good to see you! It was just like old times again! Tell your family thank you again for putting me up for the night. Can't wait to see the latest pictures from your adventures with the Garners! Still can believe that we didn't get any pics of us =( Well, I guess I will just have to come up there again sometime!!! I love you and hope to talk to you soon!

Shannon said...

WHEN I WAS A LITTLE GIRL I HAD A RAG DOLL, ONLY DOLL I'VE EVER OWNED. NOW I LOVE YOU JUST THE WAY I LOVED THAT RAG DOLL, ONLY NOW MY LOVE HAS GROWN! ... AND DO I LOVE MY OH MY, RIVER DEEP, MOUNTAIN HIGH YEAH YEAH YEAH, IF I LOST YOU WOULD I CRYYYY, OH HOW I LOVE YOU BABY! BABY, BABY, BABY!!!