Monday, April 21, 2008

Overwhelmed

I'm moving...in one month. Erik and I are both moving next month but we're going in opposite directions. As most of you know, Erik is starting his 4th year rotations on June 2nd in Pennsylvania. We thought it would be best if the girls and I moved out to Idaho to live with my parents until the end of January. That's 8 LONG months without my hubby. Just a little overwhelmed.

I've started packing but I HATE HATE moving. The whole process is just so miserable. There's so many little odds and ends that you've got to find a place for, trying to figure out what not to pack yet and what to pack ahead of time, and of course the cleaning (pure misery)...you get the idea. You've all been there before. I've never had to move since having kids so that has been interesting as well. Reagan think she's helping me by digging into opened boxes that I'm in the process of packing and chucking its contents around the house. To top it off Sarah has decided that she's only happy when my face is in front of hers talking and making baby noises.

I'll just be glad when this move is over. However, we're just going to have to move several more times in the next few years. Ugh. Tell me again why medical school was such a great idea? Thanks for letting me vent!

9 comments:

Debbi said...

If we lived closer we could switch kids for an hour or so because I have the same problem here! I love packing though, and cleaning and orgainzing, I'm a freak. Did you know you can get boxes at Dahls - you just have to drive up and they give them to you!

Jenny said...

Oh that would have been great to switch kids! I wish I loved doing all of those things. Actually, I packed 4 1/2 boxes this morning and it wasn't bad at all. If I stick to doing a little here and there it shouldn't be too bad. By the way, I can't wait until we can all get together with the clinic group. Definitely let me know what I can do to help. Oh and thanks for tip on boxes.

Ashley said...

I can't believe you're moving in one month!! We have got to do our game night soon!!!

If you need help packing, cleaning, whatever, totally let me help PLEASE! I love moving...call my crazy, but I do. It's so exciting getting everything together I think...but maybe I say that because the last time, and this upcoming time, Logan has packed all the boxes while I'm at work. Haha.
Let me know how the Dahl's things works for you if you try it...do they charge for the boxes at all?

musson said...

SERIOUSLY!!! Bring your kiddo's over and let me watch them! PLEASE!!!

MJG said...

Jenny-- I totally feel you on hating moving with a passion. Always have. I'm doing the same thing right now, only minus the two kids. (However, I do have law exams in my mix.) Best of luck with this move!! -- Cousin Megan

Shannon said...

I hear ya... although I haven't even started packing yet. I'm going to be hurting come June, but I can't bring myself to even think about boxes and finding places to put stuff like paper clips.

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

Let me just say I am NOT looking forward to 4th year! I used to kind of like moving because it gave me a chance to really go through my stuff. My feelings have changed since having kids...not it is a PAIN!!! And I think the worst part is that I finally get my house/apt. super clean...and then I leave...and usually to a place that isn't that clean!

The Robinson Bunch said...

awww. if you need some help packing or if you need some help with the kiddos let me know. Im your home teacher its my duty! :)....I too hate,hate,hate moving myself, but I dont mind moving other people(if that makes sense) so call me.

kdance said...

I TOTALLY feel your pain with the packing! Dave and I are moving back to Idaho next month, too! Where in Idaho will you be? We'll be in Pocatello. Maybe we could hook it up while you're there!

You're girls are so cute! I didn't know that your new baby was already 4 months! I think she looks just like you :)