Tuesday, April 1, 2008

This is getting ridiculous

Ok so I'm more than disgusted with myself. Things have gotten out of hand around here. Since mid pregnancy in August (once the morning sickness went away), I have been stuffing my face with anything and everything that is sweet and delicious. I thought these overwhelming and unrestrainable cravings would disappear after Sarah was born. Wrong...oh so very wrong! I think *GASP* that they have intensified. For the past few weeks I have been gorging myself on these delightfully evil gems:


Seriously, these little eggs are ridiculous. We bought four of thse bad boys...the family size bags. What has happened to me? I used to be the master of self control back in college. It's a good thing they only sell them at Easter time.
I decided that it is long overdue for me to get back into a serious work out routine. Exercising has always helped me have more self control because I work so hard to burn the calories that I can't bear to throw it all away by eating one cadbury mini egg (which turns into 15...or more) because restraint is impossible.
I plan on doing pilates 3-4 days a week and running 3 days a week to start out with. Sometime in the not too distant future, I'd love to be able to train for a marathon. I don't know if my poor joints could hack it though.


I've done Winsor pilates before a few times with a friend and noticed results really fast. I can't wait to see what a long term routine will do to my sad excuse of a body. Has anyone tried Winsor pilates? Any other suggestions on how I can kick this all consuming sweets addiction I have??? Anyone out there share my sad misfortune?
Oh and one last thing. Somehow I managed to discover this hidden treasure: http://thepioneerwoman.com/confessions/ As if I didn't have enough problems already! I dare you to browse her cooking section. She'll convince you that you have to make everything she's posted on her site. With her staple ingredients being butter, butter, and more butter....how do I have a fighting chance?

9 comments:

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

I too share your cravings for sweet things. And those bad boys are one of my number one culprits-bad news...they sell them at christmas too. One things I do is if I have a craving I stick in a piece of gum and if I still have the craving after the goodness of the gum is diminished then I give into temptation but try to limit the amount I eat. Most of the time by the gum has lost its flavor I don't want the candy any more.

Anonymous said...

Okay I thought when we did Windsor Pilates that you hated it. Well I do to but my cheeks aren't going to lift themselves.

If you have a craving drink water and yes gum.

Those dang eggs are to die for. I think it's the crunch of the shell or something. I'm on the Gharidelli dark chocolate squars with caramel center. It's the crunch of the shell. Dang the crunch!

Jenny said...

I LOVED doing pilates with you. That was right before I got pregnant with Reagan and my body has gone to pot ever since. I've been thinking about you a lot lately. I actually started writing you an email and then little miss Reagan started demanding something... Anyways, I hope you're loving Washington. How are things??

Lauren said...

Jenny! I love your cute blog. I just started one myself (this is Lauren Hagee, by the way). Sarah and Reagan are adorable. Am I ever going to meet them? Please tell me you're making a visit to Mactown this summer!

Shannon said...

I have been a Pioneer Woman reader for at least a year now. It's a fun site.

I've started working out again lately and doing homework less. I'm starting out with 6 miles a day jogging/speed walking. I am sooo sick of being fat, but my bosses buy me lunch like 3 days a week! I'm sure you look great no matter what you think!

Erica said...

Jenny, I love your posts...you are so funny! I had a similar problem when Gracen came along and never had that after Brynlee. I think gum usually works well, exercising really works good for me because I don't want to ruin all my hard work.

Chelsea said...

I like Winsor Pilates. I was pretty dedicated for awhile, when school wasn't as crazy. I have one that uses resistance bands, so you can adjust the difficulty level by buying the 3-pack of bands at Target. Also, I think I would be a lot heavier because of my sweet tooth if it weren't for my strange love of whole grains and high fiber cereals. No joke. It's all about balance! :)

KIRI said...

YOU DID HAVE AMAZING SELF CONTROL IN COLLEGE! I MYSELF TOTALLY WAS AMAZED AT THAT. . . WELL I WILL ADMIT YOU DIDN'T HAVE GOOD SELF CONTROL WHEN IT CAME TO ERIK THOUGH!!!!