Saturday, November 15, 2008

Best Birthday Surprise Ever and Halloween!

My birthday was on October 22nd and all I wanted was to see Erik. He told me he was sending me a package for my birthday. I told him all I wanted for my birthday was to fly out to Detroit to visit him! Little did I know he had other plans. So, Erik's sister Elizabeth is going to school here at BYU-Idaho. She called me up on the 29th saying she had cut herself really bad making dinner and wondered if I could take her to the hospital. So I halted dinner preparations and threw a few things together before rushing out the door with the kids. While I'm rushing around, Erik called me to chat (so I thought). I talked to him while I drove to Elizabeth's but said goodbye when I got to her apartment. I called Elizabeth to tell her I was there and then all of a sudden I heard a knock on my car window. I turned over and there Erik was! I was totally shocked. I had just talked to him on the phone seconds earlier, totally thinking he was thousands of miles away in Detroit. My jaw literally dropped and I had all sorts of emotions going on at the same time: shock, disbelief, pure joy, excitement, confusion, and just plain emotional. Erik said the look on my face was priceless and wished he had gotten a picture of it. It was the best surprise ever and the best birthday gift ever. It has been really hard on us being apart so much and it just seems to get harder. We had a great weekend while he was here (even though I was really sick the whole time).
Sarah desperately trying to grab the candy out of the bowl. This kid loves any and all things that she can stick in her mouth, especially when it's edible and delicious. She sure enjoyed her sucker :)

Here's our little family right before we took the girls trick or treating.


Reagan's super cheesy "pretty smile" mingled with a yawn I think :) Don't mind my bug eyed look. I was feeling really crappy that night.


Sarah was our little chunky monkey. The pictures just don't do justice how cute she was!


Reagan was a little princess and loved that mommy put real makeup on her.


Reagan relaxing with her daddy while watching Care Bears or one of her regular favorites. She absolutely adores him and has had a hard time being away from him. We had a great time together and are counting down the days until he visits for Thanksgiving!

6 comments:

Roxanne said...

I love how cute your little family is...seriously, this post just made me smile! And however nasty you think you look, you are stil just radiant.

Ashley said...

Girl, if that's how you look when you DON't feel good, then I need some serious help!! ;) You seriously look great in these pictures, and all I can say is Erik is one amazing husband. What an incredible surprise, I got so happy for you reading it!! And I can't believe Sarah and Reagan are getting so big!!

Thanks for the updates, I love readin' em! I miss you!

Angela said...

That was a really neat surprise from your husband. In 8 years of marriage my husband and I haven't been successful at surprises because we always tell each other what we're trying to hide (we have big mouths).

Erica said...

What an awesome surprise!! Happy Birthday! I have to agree with Ashley, you look great!

Love the halloween pictures! Reagan and Sarah are getting so big!

Lexy said...

what a great surprise! Happy Birthday Jenny! You and your family are just too cute!!

musson said...

Holly smokes, how awesome is that! I seriously had tears running down my face. WOW! I can't believe he didn't tell you and kept it a surprise.
I'm so glad that he was able to make it out for your day!