Thursday, August 28, 2008

Farewell Evansville

The girls and I flew out last minute to Evansville, Indiana to be with Erik for 3 weeks. I got a great deal on tickets a day and a half before we flew out! Woo hoo :) We were very blessed that the hospital allowed us to stay with Erik in the 2 bedroom apartment they furnished for him for free. We also had access to 2 non coin operated washers and dryers. So nice. We are so grateful everything worked out so well.

Flying out here by myself with the girls was another story though. I had already done it before in July (which I need to catch up on) and although that was rough it was nowhere near the nightmare this trip was. Reagan was behaving like a monster! I thought what has happened to my child?!?! She was screaming on and off the entire 4 hour flight from SLC to Atlanta, constantly kicking the chair of the person in front of her, yelling at and hitting Sarah whenever she came within a 2 inch distance of her personal space, chucking snacks, books, and toys on the floor and then screaming until I picked them up for her. I could go on and on but I will spare you the rest of my sad story. Needless to say I was ragged and frazzled by the time we met up with Erik.

I'm flying back to Idaho in a few hours and I'm trying my hardest to be optimistic that my children will be perfect angels despite the fact that Sarah's gums are swollen and bulging, waiting for her bottom two teeth to erupt after months of teething (I swear).
We love spending time with daddy although it wasn't a frequent thing. I spent a lot of time by myself with the girls walking everywhere. I still managed to lose weight here while still stuffing my face with this:
Oh how I've missed you Blue Bell ice cream. I first tasted this stuff when we moved to Texas in 1996. It's only sold in a few select states in the south. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it at Wal-Mart here. I didn't eat all of that but I did eat lots of Strawberries & Homemade Vanilla and a new flavor, Candy Jar. Oh it is heavenly...caramel ice cream with peanut butter cups, chocolate and caramel chunks, peanut brittle and chocolate crisp pieces. Oh yeah.

Besides walking everywhere with the kids in tow in my wonderful double stroller, we fed the ducks across the street regularly, played at the park of course, rode the carousel at the mall, and played in indoor mall play area.

A very few ocassions Erik joined us. We went to a water park one day but didn't get pictures. Both the girls love the water so it was a total hit. Reagan couldn't get enough. We also went to the Mesker Park Zoo and it had a brand new Amazon rainforest exhibit that was amazing. Unfortunately Reagan was in a bad mood so it wasn't as fun as we had hoped. We bribed her to smile for the few pictures we got. Hahaha!


Absolutely love my Ergo baby carrier. It has saved me and made me a much happier mommy. Sarah is blissfully happy in this thing. It allows me to go anywhere with the girls and she'll fall asleep in it when she gets tired. (I promise I'm not getting paid or anything to advertise for Ergo but I just love it so much I can't say it enough)
Reagan checking out a turtle and a weird looking lizard that can detach it's tail to escape from predators. Crazy huh?
Flashing her signature cheesy grin.
Mommy trying to keep Reagan happy even though she's soooo grumpy.

Admiring the giraffe who was eating.

Checking out the Zebra and her baby.
Pretending to be bats
Feeding the goats crackers at the petting zoo.
We loved being out here with Erik and hope we get to see him again soon!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh jenny, my mouth is watering at the picture of blue bell ice cream. I can't believe they had it at walmart. It's so my special treat when I go home to visit my family. If only everyone could taste what real ice cream is. =).

Sounds like a nightmare on the plane. I hope your flight back goes smoothly for you. Just remember, you're on your last year. Not many people can say that...I'm sure wishing we were.

I miss you!! I've been so behind on blogs, and commenting, but I love getting caught up on yours. Keep 'em coming!!! You look gorgeous in these pics bytheway!

Shannon said...

Not to be a jerk, but I have two cartons of Blue Bell in my freezer right now!! One of my favorite parts about being back in TX!

We have geckos that scale our bricks at night that also detach their tails to escape. My dog chases after them and kills them when they get in the house, and they always detach their tails which then writhe like crazy trying to get my dog's attention. He fell for it the first time, but not since!

LOVE the pictures and glad to see the more regular posts! I was missing you! :)

le said...

My due date is dec 9th. I feel pregnant. So I don't know if that is fine or not. Whenever my son gets hurt, I make him walk to the couch for me to hold him, its too hard for me to pick up a 2 1/2 year old with a belly, that has brackton hicks or charlie horses the majority of the day. By the way the in case you are wondering for your blogroll, my husband's name is Brent. I would tell you our last name too, but I'm only allowed to blog if our last name is not on the internet. He doesn't want to be traceable for future job applications. But you can use my maiden name, because my sister in laws have it plastered all over their blogs. Lesli Hammond and Brent, ha ha, sometimes I miss my maiden name, it carried me through 20 good years of life. This comment is probably as long as your post now.

Amber Hooten said...

I am going to have to try Candy jar Blue Bell ice cream. If we ever move I don't what I will do without my Blue Bell. Especially when I am pregnant! No I am not pregnant,but it is a favorite evening snack when I am.

Angela said...

I've never tasted Blue Bell. If I have I don't remember. Since I'm in TX I guess I could try some....

Anyway, your family is so cute. Those girls have their daddy's hair! You're so lucky!

Good luck on your next travels. It was hard, but wasn't it worth it? I always say it is. Try using a portable DVD player. That works like a charm!