Thursday, August 21, 2008

Let's Not Forget About Sarah

A lot of my posts have been focused on Reagan but Sarah has definitely been busy this summer. She's now 8 months old and a little firecracker in her own way. It's really funny to watch her get fired up and try to fight for mommy's attention with her older sister. She'll sit there and yell and her face will get all red then she'll be perfectly calm afterwards. She's just ticked when she feels left out. She'll definitely let everyone know. She's also my little cuddlebug. Reagan was never one to cuddle so I'm loving this.

A few things Sarah's accomplished this summer:
1. Started sitting up by herself pretty much exactly at 6 months old which was the same as Reagan.
2. I started trying to feed her solids at 5 1/2 months and she refused them until just recently (about 7 1/2 months). She loves bread and gerber puffs though. I'm thinking she may be even pickier than Reagan, ugh!
3. She started army crawling on August 12th at 7 1/2 months. She's now trying to get up on her knees and will ocassionally rock back and forth. She's super cute army crawling though!
4. Just yesterday she completely surprised me. I went into the kitchen to wash bottles and left her sitting in the living room. I came out maybe 2 minutes later and Sarah had pulled herself up to standing next to a chair. She was grunting because she wasn't fully upright but was determined. It was so cute because her facial expression was like "How in the world did I get up here and what the heck is going on?" It was priceless! I thought for sure she wouldn't walk anywhere near as soon as Reagan but the fact that she pulled herself up out of nowhere has me nervous. I don't want her to be walking anytime soon.
Here are some random pictures from over the summer of Sarah. She's a little more photogenic than she used to be, hahaha!

Spending time with daddy when he came to visit.
With mommy in the Ergo baby carrier. I so HEART the Ergo carrier. Best thing I have ever bought for my kids. AMAZING!
Sarah with Aunt Elizabeth sporting daddy's sunglasses.
Meeting her Great Grandma Elaine Haroldsen, who she is named after.
Showing off her beautiful smile. She loves her big sister Reagan so much!
Unusually happy on her tummy.


Look at her already waving to the crowd! She really does wave to people already. So cute!

I think she looks a lot like some of my mom's baby pictures. We love you "Little Bunny!"

Lastly, here's a short video clip of her crawling:


4 comments:

Amanda Wilson said...

Oh my goodness. She is so cute! I love her little cherry outfit and her big smiles. Savannah started sitting up by herself about a month ago and it is the best! It makes things a lot easier. Sarah is absolutely a doll. I think about you all the time. I am going to call you one of these days. Glad all is going well.

Christine said...

jenny!! You don't have to remind me who you are!!!!
You guys look awesome! Where do you live? what's going on? does george have a blog too?
I love catching people through blogs, who was it you found me through?

Jenny said...

We're transients this year. Erik is doing medical rotations all over the place. Right now we're visiting him in Evansville, Indiana. I've been everywhere this summer but I'm technically living with my parents in Rexburg until February. They moved there a year and a half ago.

So...just trying to get through medical school without going out of my mind. I'm keeping busy with my kids who have tons of energy!

I wish George and his wife had a blog but they don't. He's actually living in Idaho Falls. He got his degree in biology a year ago but now he's working on his RN at BYU-Idaho. He wants to be a nurse anesthetist. No kids yet.

Where in Texas are you at? My brother Dave just got married a month ago and he and his wife Laura just moved to McKinney/Frisco.

Lastly, I found you through Amy Lucas- I forget what her married name is. I am incredibly impressed with your coupon blog. I've never done coupons before but I am totally going to give a shot at it. So awesome!

I'd love to chat now and then through email too- jenny.rosenlof@gmail.com

Oh, one last thing. I'd love to get in touch with Savannah. Is she still in Idaho??

The Bynum Family said...

Hey Jenn! Sarah is just so adorable! I loved playing with her this summer! Glad to see the pics of all of you together! Hope to hear from you again soon!