Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Happy Four and Twenty Seven!

Last week Erik and I celebrated our 4th anniversary! We were married on August 14th, 2004 in the Dallas, Texas temple. It was a beautiful sealing ceremony and day. Since then we have added 2 beautiful girls to our family. We have struggled through 3+ years of medical school and are currently trying to survive our 4th year rotations, much of which will be spend apart from each other. Erik has put up with my whining and complaining during the pregnancies and has been my greatest support. I'm so proud of him for all that he has accomplished and so grateful that he continues to work so hard for our family. The road has definitely had some major bumps but I'm so glad that he's the one who has been by my side. I love you sweetie!


Here's to many more happy years to come :)


Happy 27th birthday to Erik! His birthday was August 16th and I'm glad that the girls and I were out here to be with him. We went out to dinner at Old Chigago's pizza which wasn't anything special but Erik didn't want us to make a big fuss over his birthday. That's very him :)

Here are 27 things you may or probably do not know about Erik:

1.He loves to watch football, preferrably the NFL.

2. His favorite dessert is donuts- any and all donuts.

3. He prefers pie over cake.

4. He loves meat. I'm amazed at the amount of steak this boy can consume. Eating meat acutally makes him hungrier.

5. He's a great soccer player. I love to watch him play. I haven't seen him play since we've had kids because his intramural games were always at a bad time.

6. He loves to watch movies which is something we do together a lot. He's a sucker for action movies. He always says if there's a couple of good explosions, etc. then he usually likes it :)

7. He's an incredibly fast runner. It's amazing to watch him run at full speed.

8. This guy can sleep anytime, anywhere. He has narcolepsy and even on the highest does of medication he is still drowsy and can fall asleep no problem. I'm amazed that he continues to do so well with his schooling despite this challenge.

9. Erik became a diabetic when he was 19. They should have caught it prior to him leaving on his mission. He had to come home a month out in the mission field and was so sick- he should have been dead.

10. He loves to lift weights and keep in shape. It's been hard for him to find time the past few years but especially now that he's on rotations. He works really hard at it.

11. He's often quiet around people he's just met or doesn't know very well. But, once you get to know him he's a lot of fun. He likes to joke around a lot.

12. He gets a lot of enjoyment out of riling me up. I can get worked up (not really) over some things and he thinks its fun.

13. He grew up in the mojave dessert in California.

14. He's very stubborn. I never thought I would marry someone who could be even more stubborn than me.

15. His dream is to live in Alaska after residency...I'm definitely not so keen on the idea.

16. Erik gets hot very very easily. As long as the sun is shining on him, he's hot even if it's 30 degrees out. When we were first married, he kept the window open at night in the middle of the winter. I was being a very nice wife at the time. Hahaha!

17. He loves loves to fish, especially for trout.

18. He loves the outdoors- hiking, camping, etc.

19. He loves his little girls so much and is so good at playing with them. Reagan gets so excited when he comes home. Mommy just isn't as much fun.

20. He has a great singing voice but unfortunately doesn't think so.

21. He's the oldest of 5 kids.

22. He used to want 8 kids and now he says we're done at 2. Hahaha! Little does he know but I will get my way with 4 :)

23. He wants to teach at a podiatry school later on in his career. He's a fantastic teacher- a very natural gift to him.

24. He loves the cartoon Dexter's Laboratory.

25. His nickname for me is Pooky. I love it.

26. He has the most infectious laugh when he REALLY laughs. I absolutely love it. It's the best sound ever.

27. He's the best husband! I love you!!!!

4 comments:

The Bynum Family said...

That is so sweet Jenny! Happy Birthday Erik! "one year older and wiser too!" I just found the note you put on your picture!HAHA! Definately not one of out best shots, but what can you expect at 3am =) Definitely let me know when you will be in McKinney again! Yay! I would love to see Dave again too! What made them decided to move to McKinney? Hope all the Garners are doing well! I love you too!

arnold said...

He sounds like a real stud...
Thanks Pooky, I love you so much!

KIRI said...

I LOVE YOUR BLOG so so so much!! i read it at work big mistake made me cry like a baby. . . made me want to call you asap (which im still debating on doing)! i can't wait to see you i am just so home sick for my friends erik and Jenny! sad that i don't get to see eric in Oct/nov but can't wait to see you and the girls. . . i miss you so much!!!

Unknown said...

Hello fellow Rosenlofs,
My name is Scott Rosenlof and my family and are members of the church in Santa Maria, Ca. Judging by the wedding pictures that looks like the Newport temple. I just stumbled by your blog today. Let me know if you want to see if our family trees cross paths anywhere. Check out my family blog at: http://www.rosenloffamily.blogspot.com/. My e-mail is cooldad_68@msn.com.